I’m a BIG fan of quick and easy dinner recipes, and also making extra so there’s leftovers for lunch the following day. This flatbread pizza is amazing, if I do say so myself.
What you need:
-1lb. chicken breast
-2 cups steamed broccoli
-3/4 cup shredded cheese (I use monterey jack or mozzarella)
-Flatbread or pita bread (I’m obsessed with MyBread Gluten Free..it’s so good.)
*This will make roughly 3 pizzas. Double the ingredients to have more for lunch the following day!
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Cook whole chicken breasts on stovetop in a bit of olive oil on medium-high heat. Once almost cooked through, take out of pan and slice into small pieces.
3. Place chicken back into pan and sprinkle with garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano and continue cooking on medium heat.
4. Put flatbread onto baking sheet lined with foil and sprinkle cheese on top.
5. Cover flatbread with chicken and broccoli, add more cheese if desired.
6. Bake in oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
6. Slice into quarters to easily eat and enjoy!
*TIP: Make an extra veggie to have on the side to get some extra nutrients in.